Top Of Line Corrosion (TOL) occurs in multiphase systems when the water vapor in the gas phase condensates on the pipe walls. This occurs due to heat exchange between the pipe and the surrounding environment (river water, seawater, or cold air), and this phenomenon intensifies if the pipe is not insulated or buried at a reasonable depth.
Technical Specification of Top Of Line Corrosion Test:
- Ability to raise the temperature inside the chamber up to 70 ℃ with the help of a corrosion resistance heating element.
- The TOL testing machine has 5 coupon holders: four coupon holders at two different heights as compared with the test fluid surface, with the ability to simulate the thermal gradient via the cooling system at the coupon top surface, and a submersible coupon for comparison.
- Transparent Plexiglas body.
- Completely gas and water sealed.
- Has the ability of gas purge in and above the test fluid.
- The ability to monitor the temperature of test fluid, the air above the test fluid, and cooling system temperature.