Mirab Sanat Inc. manufactures and supplies proof rings to test and accurately determine the resistance to sulfide stress corrosion cracking (SSC) and stress corrosion cracking of metals in H2S environments or services. Proof rings and associated accessories are manufactured to meet the requirements of NACE TM0177 and material standard requirements as per NACE MR 0175.
This device allows for the application of uniaxial tensile force in a corrosive environment. In this sample test, a specific stress is drawn and then the impact of the corrosive environment on the material behavior is checked. The body of the device is made of transparent, unbreakable acrylic glass and the device has a gas inlet and outlet.
The specification of the proof ring:
- Has a Plexiglas cylindrical body completely transparent.
- Has a uniform heat-treated body to apply stresses up to 200,000 psi.
- Fully air and water sealed.
- Has input and output H2S.
- It has two fully air-sealed components for a gas trap and a chamber to neutralize H2S.
- It has a micro-meter to accurately determine the deflection and micrometer holder.