The Rotating Cage is one of the promising laboratory methodologies to evaluate corrosion inhibitors. Several coupons are supported between two Teflon holders mounted at a fixed distance apart on a stirring rod.
Application: Simulates the behavior of corrosion inhibitors in tubes containing oil or chemical products at high speeds
Standards: ASTM G184
The Rotating Cage Test is a very economical method for checking the corrosion rate and evaluation of corrosion inhibitors in a harsh and turbulent environment. This device is designed and manufactured in accordance with the ASTM G184 standard at Mirab Sanat inc. This device provides the possibility of testing up to 8 standard samples with dimensions of 75 x 19 mm with an approximate thickness of 3 mm.
Specifications of Rotating Cage Test:
- Completely air-sealed Chamber with a capacity of 7 liters made of stainless Steele (6 bar), plexiglass or borosilicate glass( atmospheric).
- The possibility of increasing and controlling the temperature up to 80 ℃ with an anti-acid coating temperature controller.
- A pressure gauge to control the pressure with an accuracy of 0.2 bar.
- With a magnet drive system to transfer power to the shaft.
- Control the speed in the range of 300 to 1000 rpm.
- Gas inlet and outlet and the possibility of H2S gas injection with complete sealing.
- Probability to test 8 metal samples in accordance with the ASTM G184 standard.