Mirab sanat manufactures HIC testing apparatuses (hydrogen induced cracking) to test and accurately determine the hydrogen induced cracking resistance of metals. The hydrogen induced cracking test is performed under the H2S fume hood as per NACE standards requirements. HIC testing is recommended to evaluate the resistance of pipeline and pressure vessel plate steels to hydrogen induced cracking corrosion caused by hydrogen absorption from aqueous sulfide corrosion. hydrogen induced cracking test apparatus meet requirements of NACE Standard TM0284 and suitable to test material as per requirements of NACE TM177.
Specifications of test chamber are as follows:
- Cubic body made of completely transparent acrylic plexiglas with dimensions of 23 × 30 × 30 cm.
- Completely sealed against air and water.
- Has H2S inlet and outlet .
- Has a pressure gauge to adjust the inlet pressure to 1atm.
- Have a liquid drain valve inside the bottle.
- It has a flow meter with accuracy of 100-millimeter /min to control the gas flow rate in HIC tests.
- It has a fully sealed external chamber to trap and neutralize H2S.
- Due to its high volume, in addition to the HIC test in accordance with NACE TM0284, SCC, C-ring and Bent Beam tests can be performed according to Nace TM-0177 2016 (method B and C).