Mirab sanat manufacture and supply proof ring to test and accurately determine the resistance to sulfide stress corrosion cracking (SSC) and stress corrosion cracking of metals in H2S environment or service. Proof rings and associated accessories are manufactured to meet requirements of NACE TM0177 and material standard requirements as per NACE MR 0175.
This equipment is commonly used to evaluate sulfide stress corrosion resistance in H2S-containing environments and corrosive environments. This test is a precise, low-cost, fast-tracking method, and the ability to test several samples simultaneously. This device allows for the application of uniaxial tensile force in a corrosive environments. In this sample test, a specific stress is drawn and then the impact of the corrosive environment on the material behavior is checked. The body of the device is made of transparent, unbreakable acrylic glass and the device has gas inlet and outlet. If necessary, a heating system can be used to heat and cool the environment.
The specification of the proof ring device made at Mirab Industries Co. are as follows:
- Plexiglas cylindrical body completely transparent.
- ability to apply stresses up to 100,000 psi.
- Fully air and water sealed.
- Has input and output H2S.
- It has an heating system to increase the temperature to 60 degree.
- Flowmeter to control the gas flow rate in SCC tests.
- It has two fully air sealed components for gas trap and a chamber to neutralize H2S
- Complete accurate ring which is self calibrated.
- It has a micro-meter to accurately determine the deflection and micrometer holder.